Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 1, 2013
“Despicable Me 2” is a gag-filled delight from start-to-finish. It’s got more laughs in its first five minutes — from its larynx-bending voice actors, its loopy, goofy design and its milling, mewling Minions — than “Monsters University” managed over its … Continue reading
Kevin Hart’s a comic property these days. I’m catching his new concert film (opening Wednesday) tonight, and got a kick out of “Laugh at My Pain,” his last one. So pairing him up with Ice Cube as his prospective brother-in-law … Continue reading
A person can come of age at any time. But in the movies, a lot of that growing up seems packed into the summer months. Especially for boys. That’s when a lad can hang out on the beach, come to … Continue reading
“Stuck in Love” seems, on its surface, like another male wish fulfillment fantasy masquerading as a romantic comedy. Women in the film seem to have more figured out. And characters played by Jennifer Connelly, Kristen Bell, Lily Collins and Liana … Continue reading