Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Movie Review: In the name of all that's holy, don't get stuck in "Tar"
- Netflixable? Teen romance, Indonesian style -- "Love Like the Falling Rain"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 1, 2013
“Despicable Me 2” is a gag-filled delight from start-to-finish. It’s got more laughs in its first five minutes — from its larynx-bending voice actors, its loopy, goofy design and its milling, mewling Minions — than “Monsters University” managed over its … Continue reading
Kevin Hart’s a comic property these days. I’m catching his new concert film (opening Wednesday) tonight, and got a kick out of “Laugh at My Pain,” his last one. So pairing him up with Ice Cube as his prospective brother-in-law … Continue reading
A person can come of age at any time. But in the movies, a lot of that growing up seems packed into the summer months. Especially for boys. That’s when a lad can hang out on the beach, come to … Continue reading
“Stuck in Love” seems, on its surface, like another male wish fulfillment fantasy masquerading as a romantic comedy. Women in the film seem to have more figured out. And characters played by Jennifer Connelly, Kristen Bell, Lily Collins and Liana … Continue reading