Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Classic Film Review: Sentimental, with an Edge -- "The Olive Trees of Justice" (1962) takes us back to Algeria just before Independence
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 8, 2013
A “redneck ‘Pulp Fiction’” is such a natural idea for a grindhouse movie that it’s shocking that it took almost twenty years for somebody to come up with “Pawn Shop Chronicles.” It’s got pick-em-up trucks and huntin’ bows, meth-heads and … Continue reading
The look to this Joon ho Bong film is what’s arresting. The tone of the trailer suggests “Runaway Train” meets “Brazil,” with have-nots confined to the back of the speeding train and the haves — and their security forces — … Continue reading