Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 8, 2013
A “redneck ‘Pulp Fiction’” is such a natural idea for a grindhouse movie that it’s shocking that it took almost twenty years for somebody to come up with “Pawn Shop Chronicles.” It’s got pick-em-up trucks and huntin’ bows, meth-heads and … Continue reading
The look to this Joon ho Bong film is what’s arresting. The tone of the trailer suggests “Runaway Train” meets “Brazil,” with have-nots confined to the back of the speeding train and the haves — and their security forces — … Continue reading