Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? Even Canada has its gun nut survivalists, prepping for "The Decline"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 8, 2013
A “redneck ‘Pulp Fiction’” is such a natural idea for a grindhouse movie that it’s shocking that it took almost twenty years for somebody to come up with “Pawn Shop Chronicles.” It’s got pick-em-up trucks and huntin’ bows, meth-heads and … Continue reading
The look to this Joon ho Bong film is what’s arresting. The tone of the trailer suggests “Runaway Train” meets “Brazil,” with have-nots confined to the back of the speeding train and the haves — and their security forces — … Continue reading