Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 26, 2013
The Australian beauty Alice Eve does a pretty good American accent. But the REAL accent here is Bryan “Breaking Bad” Cranston going all Russian Mafia on us. Unknown American director Tze Chun’s film — he wrote it, too — comes … Continue reading
The Hollywood Reporter figures “The Wolverine,” the next to last tentpole picture, franchise picture of the summer, will open to $65 million, a huge but not epic turnout. Box Office Mojo goes all in and says it’ll pull $72 million+. … Continue reading
Friday morning brings my weekly chat with Mike Bianchi, Brandon Kravitz et al at 740 The Game’s “Open Mike” radio show. They’ll interrupt their ongoing Urban Meyer/Dwight Howard/A-Rod rants to talk about “The Wolverine,,” which I liked up until it … Continue reading