Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 7, 2013
“Despicable Me 2” has earned over $142 million since opening July 3. “The Lone Ranger” had a $29 million weekend, $49 since mid-week. Kevin Hart’s “Let Me Explain” had a $10 million weekend ($17 since opening). “The Heat” managed another … Continue reading
A Western revenge shoot-em-up with an evil preacher, a wrongly widowed ranch wife and Ed Harris as a man on her trail. January Jones? In a Western?
Lee Daniels (“Precious”) is in desperate need of a hit. The director of that all-star flop “The Paperboy,” producer of the flop “Tennessee” and director-producer of the embarrassment “Shadowboxer” (two OScar winners humiliated by that mess) would LOVE to get … Continue reading
June, for those keeping score at home, wasn’t the best month for movies. Or movie studios. “The Purge” over-achieved, “The Heat” is a hit. But “After Earth” was a sign of the end for Will Smith. “White House Down” was … Continue reading