Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 7, 2013
“Despicable Me 2” has earned over $142 million since opening July 3. “The Lone Ranger” had a $29 million weekend, $49 since mid-week. Kevin Hart’s “Let Me Explain” had a $10 million weekend ($17 since opening). “The Heat” managed another … Continue reading
A Western revenge shoot-em-up with an evil preacher, a wrongly widowed ranch wife and Ed Harris as a man on her trail. January Jones? In a Western?
Lee Daniels (“Precious”) is in desperate need of a hit. The director of that all-star flop “The Paperboy,” producer of the flop “Tennessee” and director-producer of the embarrassment “Shadowboxer” (two OScar winners humiliated by that mess) would LOVE to get … Continue reading
June, for those keeping score at home, wasn’t the best month for movies. Or movie studios. “The Purge” over-achieved, “The Heat” is a hit. But “After Earth” was a sign of the end for Will Smith. “White House Down” was … Continue reading