Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 15, 2013
Filmmaker Gabriela Cowperthwaite was something of a “SeaWorld mom.” She’d taken her kids to the San Diego location of the popular theme park corporation, “planted us firmly in the Shamu splash zone and we all just ate it up.” Then … Continue reading
This item from The Hollywood Reporter points to where Hollywood has its eyes these days, when planning, casting and executing big movies. Asia. China. Where they’re building theaters and expanding audience by the hour. It’s the real growth market. So … Continue reading
Idris Elba has had an interesting career — action pics, thrillers, torrid romantic melodramas. But the British actor’s big break won’t be “Pacific Rim.” It might be this Nelson Mandela bio-pic. He nails the voice and being tall, he’s halfway … Continue reading