Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 15, 2013
Filmmaker Gabriela Cowperthwaite was something of a “SeaWorld mom.” She’d taken her kids to the San Diego location of the popular theme park corporation, “planted us firmly in the Shamu splash zone and we all just ate it up.” Then … Continue reading
This item from The Hollywood Reporter points to where Hollywood has its eyes these days, when planning, casting and executing big movies. Asia. China. Where they’re building theaters and expanding audience by the hour. It’s the real growth market. So … Continue reading
Idris Elba has had an interesting career — action pics, thrillers, torrid romantic melodramas. But the British actor’s big break won’t be “Pacific Rim.” It might be this Nelson Mandela bio-pic. He nails the voice and being tall, he’s halfway … Continue reading