Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 15, 2013
Filmmaker Gabriela Cowperthwaite was something of a “SeaWorld mom.” She’d taken her kids to the San Diego location of the popular theme park corporation, “planted us firmly in the Shamu splash zone and we all just ate it up.” Then … Continue reading
This item from The Hollywood Reporter points to where Hollywood has its eyes these days, when planning, casting and executing big movies. Asia. China. Where they’re building theaters and expanding audience by the hour. It’s the real growth market. So … Continue reading
Idris Elba has had an interesting career — action pics, thrillers, torrid romantic melodramas. But the British actor’s big break won’t be “Pacific Rim.” It might be this Nelson Mandela bio-pic. He nails the voice and being tall, he’s halfway … Continue reading