Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 15, 2013
Filmmaker Gabriela Cowperthwaite was something of a “SeaWorld mom.” She’d taken her kids to the San Diego location of the popular theme park corporation, “planted us firmly in the Shamu splash zone and we all just ate it up.” Then … Continue reading
This item from The Hollywood Reporter points to where Hollywood has its eyes these days, when planning, casting and executing big movies. Asia. China. Where they’re building theaters and expanding audience by the hour. It’s the real growth market. So … Continue reading
Idris Elba has had an interesting career — action pics, thrillers, torrid romantic melodramas. But the British actor’s big break won’t be “Pacific Rim.” It might be this Nelson Mandela bio-pic. He nails the voice and being tall, he’s halfway … Continue reading