Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 15, 2013
Filmmaker Gabriela Cowperthwaite was something of a “SeaWorld mom.” She’d taken her kids to the San Diego location of the popular theme park corporation, “planted us firmly in the Shamu splash zone and we all just ate it up.” Then … Continue reading
This item from The Hollywood Reporter points to where Hollywood has its eyes these days, when planning, casting and executing big movies. Asia. China. Where they’re building theaters and expanding audience by the hour. It’s the real growth market. So … Continue reading
Idris Elba has had an interesting career — action pics, thrillers, torrid romantic melodramas. But the British actor’s big break won’t be “Pacific Rim.” It might be this Nelson Mandela bio-pic. He nails the voice and being tall, he’s halfway … Continue reading