Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: July 2, 2013
Movie Review, “Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain”
In the timeline of the standard stand-up comic’s career, Kevin Hart has surged past “young, angry and hungry,” seems to be avoiding Dave Chappelle/Andy Kaufman burnout and is settling just shy of fat, happy and car collecting (Seinfeld, Leno, Chris Tucker). The little … Continue reading
Holiday movies: “Ranger” takes a pounding, much love for “Despicable”
This Juy 4 sees Disney’s “The Lone Ranger” taking MASSIVE abuse for its violence, a bloody PG-13 action Western “comedy” with a staggering body count and a serious miscalculation in tone. I thought Armie and Johnny were fine, but Gore … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Holiday movies: “Ranger” takes a pounding, much love for “Despicable”
Movie Preview: Paula Patton stars in “Baggage Claim”
She didn’t get much of a bounce from “Precious,” but Paula Patton did land the lead in this romantic comedy about a lovelorn stewardess who re-connects with her exes (her “baggage”) to see if anything of them is marriage material. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: Paula Patton stars in “Baggage Claim”
Movie Review: Not your granddaddy’s “Lone Ranger”
Saying the new “Lone Ranger” has “tone issues” is just code for “I could have done without the bad guy tearing out somebody’s heart and taking a bite out of it.” The folks who did the “Pirates of the Caribbean” … Continue reading