Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 2, 2013
In the timeline of the standard stand-up comic’s career, Kevin Hart has surged past “young, angry and hungry,” seems to be avoiding Dave Chappelle/Andy Kaufman burnout and is settling just shy of fat, happy and car collecting (Seinfeld, Leno, Chris Tucker). The little … Continue reading
This Juy 4 sees Disney’s “The Lone Ranger” taking MASSIVE abuse for its violence, a bloody PG-13 action Western “comedy” with a staggering body count and a serious miscalculation in tone. I thought Armie and Johnny were fine, but Gore … Continue reading
She didn’t get much of a bounce from “Precious,” but Paula Patton did land the lead in this romantic comedy about a lovelorn stewardess who re-connects with her exes (her “baggage”) to see if anything of them is marriage material. … Continue reading