Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 2, 2013
In the timeline of the standard stand-up comic’s career, Kevin Hart has surged past “young, angry and hungry,” seems to be avoiding Dave Chappelle/Andy Kaufman burnout and is settling just shy of fat, happy and car collecting (Seinfeld, Leno, Chris Tucker). The little … Continue reading
This Juy 4 sees Disney’s “The Lone Ranger” taking MASSIVE abuse for its violence, a bloody PG-13 action Western “comedy” with a staggering body count and a serious miscalculation in tone. I thought Armie and Johnny were fine, but Gore … Continue reading
She didn’t get much of a bounce from “Precious,” but Paula Patton did land the lead in this romantic comedy about a lovelorn stewardess who re-connects with her exes (her “baggage”) to see if anything of them is marriage material. … Continue reading