Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 2, 2013
In the timeline of the standard stand-up comic’s career, Kevin Hart has surged past “young, angry and hungry,” seems to be avoiding Dave Chappelle/Andy Kaufman burnout and is settling just shy of fat, happy and car collecting (Seinfeld, Leno, Chris Tucker). The little … Continue reading
This Juy 4 sees Disney’s “The Lone Ranger” taking MASSIVE abuse for its violence, a bloody PG-13 action Western “comedy” with a staggering body count and a serious miscalculation in tone. I thought Armie and Johnny were fine, but Gore … Continue reading
She didn’t get much of a bounce from “Precious,” but Paula Patton did land the lead in this romantic comedy about a lovelorn stewardess who re-connects with her exes (her “baggage”) to see if anything of them is marriage material. … Continue reading