Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 17, 2013
They bicker, emotionally blackmail each other, kiss and make up. Because they have history. But Bruce Willis and John Malkovich aren’t the “real” couple at the heart of “RED 2,” the action comedy sequel about retired government assassins. They’re just … Continue reading
This isn’t the annual assessment of bang-for-your-movie-investment-buck list that Forbes compiles, telling us which stars are actually worth the big salaries they command, in box office, and which aren’t. It’s a simple statement of earnings over the past year. “Iron … Continue reading
Self-important, pretentious, deeply-flawed. It’s a trifle too “on the nose” casting, yes? Putting the fellow who dazzles playing the troubled Brit TV Sherlock Holmes in the role of Wikileaks Emperor Julian Assange in “The Fifth Estate.” But man, he’s on … Continue reading
Yes, kids, there used to be things called “newspapers.” With what we called, back then “Funny pages.” And the best thing ever to hit those funny pages was the sublimely silly, serenely insightful “Calvin & Hobbes,” a dizzy take on … Continue reading
Dreamworks, like Pixar, wasn’t able to put its best foot forward with a big summer movie this year. The idea cupboards at both dream factories seem pretty bare. “Monsters University” was hyped and promoted to beat the band, but thin … Continue reading