Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 27, 2013
A character actor’s career can often be translated into a stock market graph. Some years you’re up, some you’re down, and some years you’re just treading water, waiting for that next role that makes your stock spike in value. “Longevity … Continue reading
A straight, period-piece adaptation by Julian Fellowes –Paul Giamatti as Friar Lawrence, Stellan Skarsgaard, Natasha McElhone, Ed Westwick as Tybalt. Coming this winter, the perfect time for this tale.
The Clearwater Aquarium will turn into a movie set again when “Dolphin Tale 2” comes to town, a sequel to the story of the injured/rescued dolphin Winter and how researchers and a craftsman built a replacement tale for one lost … Continue reading
It looks as if “The Wolverine” will hit the lower end of the high expectations for its opening weekend take at the box office. A $23 million Friday (and late Thursday) should add up to a $61 million weekend, says … Continue reading