Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 27, 2013
A character actor’s career can often be translated into a stock market graph. Some years you’re up, some you’re down, and some years you’re just treading water, waiting for that next role that makes your stock spike in value. “Longevity … Continue reading
A straight, period-piece adaptation by Julian Fellowes –Paul Giamatti as Friar Lawrence, Stellan Skarsgaard, Natasha McElhone, Ed Westwick as Tybalt. Coming this winter, the perfect time for this tale.
The Clearwater Aquarium will turn into a movie set again when “Dolphin Tale 2” comes to town, a sequel to the story of the injured/rescued dolphin Winter and how researchers and a craftsman built a replacement tale for one lost … Continue reading
It looks as if “The Wolverine” will hit the lower end of the high expectations for its opening weekend take at the box office. A $23 million Friday (and late Thursday) should add up to a $61 million weekend, says … Continue reading