Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
- Netflixable? Faith-based dance romance "Faith, Hope & Love" misses a step or three
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 21, 2013
What’s funniest about this trailer is the concept — and yes, a Jane Austen themed “singles” hotel on an English estate could work. Cute Keri Russell, wacky Jennifer Coolidge, regal Jane Seymour — this looks at least mildly amusing.
“The Conjuring” sets a new standard for opening weekends for horror movies. Second best opening, all-time, after one of the “Paranormal Activity” sequels. A ghost story with pre-“Exorcism,” pre-“Amityville Horror” historical touches — the Warrens were sort of the first … Continue reading
“She has to be eliminated.” Let us state the obvious, go on the record and pair up P.S. Hoffman with Donald Sutherland. God bless Woody Harrelson.