Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 20, 2013
After “The Others” and “Orphanage,” Hollywood all but ceded the genre of credible, chilling ghost stories to Spain. And deservedly so.To cast its spell, a ghostly tale must take its time, build from recognizable reality to some moment when the … Continue reading
Does this sell this pricey sci-fi franchise as anything out of the “Oblivion/Pacific Rim/The Host” continuum? No.
Every few years, the great James Cromwell gets a role reminding us how great he is — “Babe,” “L.A. Confidential,” “The Artist,” choice guest spots on “The West Wing,” “24” and “Six Feet Under.” Now he’s playing a romantic lead … Continue reading
Those box office prognosticators who read the tracking, and recent trends such as the success of “The Purge” and predicted “The Conjuring” would blow up this weekend were on the money. Hats off to Box Office Mojo, in other words. … Continue reading
Kristen Wiig has worked steadily since her break-out success in “Bridesmaids”, doing basically what she’s always done — quirky supporting parts in comedies, cameos on TV and as a voice in cartoons, killer walk-ons appearances on awards shows. But that … Continue reading