Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 11, 2013
It’s the story of Walt Disney’s courtship of “Mary Poppins” creator P.L. Travers. Sounds more fun than this trailer — at first — suggests. Tom Hanks is Disney, his fellow Oscar winner Emma Thompson is the almost un-courtable Travers. But … Continue reading
Some of the video of SeaWorld accidents is disturbing, and a lot of the footage of orcas — killer whales — being herded so that their young can be grabbed for use in theme parks is heartbreaking. But the most … Continue reading
Bill Hader did the Saturday Night Live thing for years. He was most famous for “Stefon,” a homeless gay New York City correspondent who carried a torch for Seth Myers. And now, as that ends, his movie career is lighting … Continue reading
Something about the job that requires a swimsuit says “Not quite an adult yet.” Lifeguards in their thirties (“I’m 29.”) are screenwriter shorthand for “didn’t sell out” (Sam Elliott in “Lifeguard” in the ’70s) but also never grew up — … Continue reading
The gang’s all here for “Grown Ups 2,” Adam Sandler’s latest lowbrow make-work project for all the ex-jocks, jockcasters, “Saturday Night Live” has-beens and other hangers-on he keeps on payroll. It’s another pointless romp through Sandlerland — where the women … Continue reading