Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2013
“Girl Most Likely” is a comedy from Kristen Wiig’s alternate universe career — the career she might have had without “Bridesmaids.” A daft, thin and instantly forgettable farce about a woman of once-great promise who fakes a suicide attempt to … Continue reading
Sadie knows. The dog always knows not to go into the haunted house. But since this was 1971, and the world, much less Rhode Island’s Perron family, had not seen “The Exorcist” and the generations of ultra-realistic horror movies and … Continue reading
When you’ve got a name like Steve McQueen, you have our attention. Even if you’re British and black. And when your previous film “Shame” was as critically acclaimed as it was, and “Hunger” stirred things up as well, and you’ve … Continue reading
In animation shorthand, “Turbo” is “‘Cars’ with Snails.” It’s light on the jokes, but cute, with animation so vivid it looks photo-real. It’s another “impossible dream” tale, this time of a motorhead mollusk who has a need for “Terrifying, blinding … Continue reading
Her life hasn’t been the same since “Bridesmaids.” And this weekend, the SNL alumna turned movie star Kristen Wiig has a star vehicle — “Girl Most Likely” — opening in cinemas. Questions for Kristen? I figure to ask her about … Continue reading
Here’s an old fashioned “creature feature” in the mold of “The Thing”, “Critters” and “Gremlins.” What sets “Grabbers” apart is a touch of the “diddly aye.” Yes, this time the beast comes ashore in an island town off Ireland. And … Continue reading