Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 24, 2013
We may never see this as a movie, but MGM and Sylvester Stallone have let some money change hands with the director and star of “Fruitvale Station,” lining up director Ryan Coogler and star Michael B. Jordan for “Creed,” about … Continue reading
It’s an OMFG samurai sword and sorcery picture, coming out in December. And Keanu Reeves stars in it, a “half-breed” and “outcast” who joins an intrepid gang of leaderless/masterless samurai (Ronin) to “save our land.”
This summer cinema season has seen enough epic flops to cause Hollywood to rethink how it does business. Or at least, it’s caused The Hollywood Reporter to say Hollywood is rethinking its business model. “White House Down” lost its shirt … Continue reading
“To be, or not”…let’s make it “To slash, or not to slash.” Because this latest X-Men movie is a lot more existential than recent installments in this comic book series have been. “The Wolverine” is nothing if not ambitious — … Continue reading
Origin stories, even non-fiction ones, often make good movies, showing us “How the West was Won” or how demonic possession entered pop culture, pre-“Exorcist” and Amityville (“The Conjuring”). “Drift” is about the birth of the Australian surfing scene and the … Continue reading