Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 22, 2013
He broke big with TV’s “Crime Story,” and made his mark in movies playing a variety of tough cops, tough mobsters and wiseguys out to “Get Shorty.” Dennis Farina, a great character actor and a genuine character — he started … Continue reading
“Fruitvale Station” is a tragedy as fresh as today’s headlines, as moving as losing someone close to you. A re-telling of the last day in the life of Oscar Grant, a young black man gunned down by a transit cop … Continue reading
His camera is mostly stationary and his scenes are static, still mostly driven by dialogue. And Woody Allen’s recent movies have betrayed his increasingly pronounced disconnect from modern mores, culture and speech. So it’s tempting to dismiss his latest, “Blue … Continue reading