Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 22, 2013
He broke big with TV’s “Crime Story,” and made his mark in movies playing a variety of tough cops, tough mobsters and wiseguys out to “Get Shorty.” Dennis Farina, a great character actor and a genuine character — he started … Continue reading
“Fruitvale Station” is a tragedy as fresh as today’s headlines, as moving as losing someone close to you. A re-telling of the last day in the life of Oscar Grant, a young black man gunned down by a transit cop … Continue reading
His camera is mostly stationary and his scenes are static, still mostly driven by dialogue. And Woody Allen’s recent movies have betrayed his increasingly pronounced disconnect from modern mores, culture and speech. So it’s tempting to dismiss his latest, “Blue … Continue reading