Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 25, 2013
She’s been the cute best friend/boss/girl who doesn’t get the guy a few too many times. You saw her in “No Strings Attached,” in “What Happens in Vegas” and “It’s Complicated” and the recent horror pic “Black Rock.” She deserves … Continue reading
When you’ve got diminutive Daniel Radcliffe to play The Monster in a new Frankenstein adaptation, who do you get to play the mad Dr. F? Why, James McAvoy, of course. Paul McGuigan is directing this version, which won’t feature any … Continue reading
Yeah, it looks a bit digitally fake. But the performers make it real. This is awe-inspiring. Decades after I saw a sci-fi film of the ’60s, I still remember the image of a couple of astronauts floating off with a … Continue reading
Patricia Highsmith’s 1950 novel “Strangers on a Train” has proven to have one of filmdom’s most enduring plots. It’s the “You kill somebody I want dead and I’ll kill somebody you want dead and the cops will never be the … Continue reading
At some point, every danged movie this summer’s got to have a robot. Or something in a metal suit. That’s my main rub against “The Wolverine,” which cruises along on some splendid brooding, guilt, action beats and Japanese settings (Ninjas … Continue reading
With heist pictures, there’s such a thing as giving away the store, explaining too much. That’s what happens with the gritty British thriller “Wasteland,” which is about some very young lads who set out to avenge themselves on a local … Continue reading