Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 3, 2013
Tuesday’s openings for “Despicable Me 2” and “The Lone Ranger” confirmed how starved folks are for a fun family toon this summer. “Despicable,” already raking in the cash abroad, opened to over $4 million in business. “Lone Ranger” did half … Continue reading
Gwyneth and Ruffalo, Tim Robbins and Joely Richardson and Josh Gad. And Pink. Let us not forget Pink. “Thanks for Sharing” opens Sept. 20.
In the new film “Stuck in Love,” novelist Dad (Greg Kinnear) is so stuck that he still sets a place for the wife (Jennifer Connelly) who walked out on him, years before, but not so hung up that he can’t … Continue reading
The Hollywood Reporter is saying that “conservatives are celebrating” the dismal box office showing of “White House Down,” which has assorted wingnuts, militia nuts and others with “Rush is Right” bumper stickers on their SUVs as villains. The movie bombed, … Continue reading
Open Mike night — morning — comes early on holiday weeks. With most of this week’s movies opening today, I’ll chat with Mike Bianchi and Brian Kravitz about “The Lone Ranger.” Mike’s old enough to remember the original. And we’ll … Continue reading