Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 3, 2013
Tuesday’s openings for “Despicable Me 2” and “The Lone Ranger” confirmed how starved folks are for a fun family toon this summer. “Despicable,” already raking in the cash abroad, opened to over $4 million in business. “Lone Ranger” did half … Continue reading
Gwyneth and Ruffalo, Tim Robbins and Joely Richardson and Josh Gad. And Pink. Let us not forget Pink. “Thanks for Sharing” opens Sept. 20.
In the new film “Stuck in Love,” novelist Dad (Greg Kinnear) is so stuck that he still sets a place for the wife (Jennifer Connelly) who walked out on him, years before, but not so hung up that he can’t … Continue reading
The Hollywood Reporter is saying that “conservatives are celebrating” the dismal box office showing of “White House Down,” which has assorted wingnuts, militia nuts and others with “Rush is Right” bumper stickers on their SUVs as villains. The movie bombed, … Continue reading
Open Mike night — morning — comes early on holiday weeks. With most of this week’s movies opening today, I’ll chat with Mike Bianchi and Brian Kravitz about “The Lone Ranger.” Mike’s old enough to remember the original. And we’ll … Continue reading