Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 12, 2013
Dreamworks is late to the summer animation party this year, with “Epic,” “Monsters University” and “Despicable Me 2” beating it to the box office. Could this be the class of this year’s class of cartoons? With Disney’s “Planes” due out … Continue reading
Before our eyes, Oscar winner Jeff Bridges is turning into Nicolas Cage. The Dude’s a Knight in “Seventh Son.” Say it ain’t so, bro.
Love that MLParker. Yes indeed. She was a bit of an acquired taste, early in her career — flaky, funny at times. But flaky always. She has come into her own since “Weeds” though, and her sense of playful transgression … Continue reading
The Danish child abuse melodrama “The Hunt” is earning the best reviews of the weekend. For a topical film about the falsely accused, a Lifetime Original Movie in Danish if you will, it’s quite good. Warners’ latest incredibly expensive summer … Continue reading