Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 12, 2013
Dreamworks is late to the summer animation party this year, with “Epic,” “Monsters University” and “Despicable Me 2” beating it to the box office. Could this be the class of this year’s class of cartoons? With Disney’s “Planes” due out … Continue reading
Before our eyes, Oscar winner Jeff Bridges is turning into Nicolas Cage. The Dude’s a Knight in “Seventh Son.” Say it ain’t so, bro.
Love that MLParker. Yes indeed. She was a bit of an acquired taste, early in her career — flaky, funny at times. But flaky always. She has come into her own since “Weeds” though, and her sense of playful transgression … Continue reading
The Danish child abuse melodrama “The Hunt” is earning the best reviews of the weekend. For a topical film about the falsely accused, a Lifetime Original Movie in Danish if you will, it’s quite good. Warners’ latest incredibly expensive summer … Continue reading