Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 17, 2020
The action set piece is prefigured the moment we see the business our crusty hero runs for a living. The shoot-out, brawl, blaze and saw-off in the FORESHADOWED sawmill eats up over half of “Earth and Blood.” So the action … Continue reading
Those ancient puppet punching bags, Punch and Judy, still have lessons to pass on five hundred years after their birth. “Judy & Punch” is a darker-than-dark comedy that takes us back to those early days, the 16th century. A puppeteering … Continue reading
Proceeds from your streaming the doc will benefit indie record stores. The film was supposed to premiere at SXSW. Now, you can see it at home instead and help out local businesses as well.
Movie Preview: So, would Anna Kendrick and a talking sex doll be enough for you to sign up for Quibi? “Dummy”
OK, there’s a chuckle or two in this trailer for the Quibi Original “Dummy.” Love that Anna. But hey…
Now that the Academy has seen to it that Julianne Moore and Viola Davis have Oscars, perhaps they can turn their attention to a new “best actress to never win an Oscar.” That would be Maggie Gyllenhaal, the always provocative, … Continue reading