Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 17, 2020
The action set piece is prefigured the moment we see the business our crusty hero runs for a living. The shoot-out, brawl, blaze and saw-off in the FORESHADOWED sawmill eats up over half of “Earth and Blood.” So the action … Continue reading
Those ancient puppet punching bags, Punch and Judy, still have lessons to pass on five hundred years after their birth. “Judy & Punch” is a darker-than-dark comedy that takes us back to those early days, the 16th century. A puppeteering … Continue reading
Proceeds from your streaming the doc will benefit indie record stores. The film was supposed to premiere at SXSW. Now, you can see it at home instead and help out local businesses as well.
Movie Preview: So, would Anna Kendrick and a talking sex doll be enough for you to sign up for Quibi? “Dummy”
OK, there’s a chuckle or two in this trailer for the Quibi Original “Dummy.” Love that Anna. But hey…
Now that the Academy has seen to it that Julianne Moore and Viola Davis have Oscars, perhaps they can turn their attention to a new “best actress to never win an Oscar.” That would be Maggie Gyllenhaal, the always provocative, … Continue reading