Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves"
- Documentary Review: Remembering "Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan: Brothers in Blues"
- Movie Review: Lifelong Friends Journey from "Chantilly Lace" to "Chantilly Bridge"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 26, 2020
Netflixable? In Spain, love comes second when “In Family I Trust”
The acting isn’t bad, the Barcelona and environs settings gorgeous and there’s a nice tug of the heartstrings in the finale. But in all honesty, only one thing works in “In Family I Trust,” a Spanish rom-com based on a … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? In Spain, love comes second when “In Family I Trust”
Movie Review: Small towns and small minds, “To the Stars”
Here’s a “Last Picture Show” era story of growing up in the rural West, the crippling burdens of small town life and that one new friend who can help you lift your downcast eyes “To the Stars.” Sounds sensitive, maybe … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Small towns and small minds, “To the Stars”