Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 21, 2020
Ask a hundred film buffs what their favorite cult film is, and you’ll get 500 answers. Because nobody wants to limit that pick to the obvious — “The Rocky Horror Picture Show,” “Harold & Maude,” “Eraserhead” — to admit how … Continue reading
Molly Sims is the right Missy. Lauren Lupkus is “The Wrong Missy.” David Spade is back? Thanks, Netflix. May 13.
Too many movies to name begin with a famous quotation as an opening title, a prologue that parks the objectives of the story within the parameters of a pithy observation about life, love or the world we live … Continue reading
Early ’90s, a self-sustaining human habitat experiment in a biosphere. It was so fascinating that it even inspired a Pauly Shore movie. Remember Pauly Shore? May 8, this Neon documentary remembers this event in the words of the people who … Continue reading
Eva and Brandon are that couple that you’re rooting for in high school or hoping that they make it through college together. And so is the movie about their romance. “Angelfish” covers very familiar cinematic ground. He’s from the wrong … Continue reading
For a fan, there’s nothing more delightful than stumbling across an action title — or a comedy, a romance, whatever — that you’ve missed starring the French monument to modern cinema, Jean Reno. Because how many times can I re-watch … Continue reading