Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 9, 2020
There’s not a lot of audio of the New York native’s accent — unERRINGLY copied by Peter Sellers in “Dr. Strangelove” (President Merkin Muffley sounds JUST like STANLEY) — because Kubrick didn’t like doing interviews. Think Mike Myers doing Lorne … Continue reading
“The Dalai Lama: Scientist” is a Buddhist-sanctioned and produced documentary about the leader of Tibetan Buddhism’s lifelong fascination with science, and how he’s brought scientists and Buddhist scholars together to highlight shared ways of thinking, philosophizing and … Continue reading
A huge chain that grew and grew and had no plan for facing the unfaceable. Or might bankruptcy be a dodge to get out of leases, etc? As happened the LAST time North America shed thousands of theaters, back in … Continue reading
Beanie Feldstein, Emma Thompson, Chris O’Dowd, Paddy Considine, based on Caitlan Moran’s novel of reinvention and rock/pop culture. Bloody delightful, innit? May 8, from IFC — of course!
We throw that phrase “Hallmark Movie” around like it’s a sweeping indictment, as if all comfort food romances and tear-jerkers were set at Christmas, or any film rated PG or PG-13 should simply be consigned to its own cable channel … Continue reading