Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 9, 2020
There’s not a lot of audio of the New York native’s accent — unERRINGLY copied by Peter Sellers in “Dr. Strangelove” (President Merkin Muffley sounds JUST like STANLEY) — because Kubrick didn’t like doing interviews. Think Mike Myers doing Lorne … Continue reading
“The Dalai Lama: Scientist” is a Buddhist-sanctioned and produced documentary about the leader of Tibetan Buddhism’s lifelong fascination with science, and how he’s brought scientists and Buddhist scholars together to highlight shared ways of thinking, philosophizing and … Continue reading
A huge chain that grew and grew and had no plan for facing the unfaceable. Or might bankruptcy be a dodge to get out of leases, etc? As happened the LAST time North America shed thousands of theaters, back in … Continue reading
Beanie Feldstein, Emma Thompson, Chris O’Dowd, Paddy Considine, based on Caitlan Moran’s novel of reinvention and rock/pop culture. Bloody delightful, innit? May 8, from IFC — of course!
We throw that phrase “Hallmark Movie” around like it’s a sweeping indictment, as if all comfort food romances and tear-jerkers were set at Christmas, or any film rated PG or PG-13 should simply be consigned to its own cable channel … Continue reading