Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 15, 2020
May, direct to streamingLooks better than one might have hoped, but almost certainly not commercial. VOD is not a bad move, all things considered. Sitting on it was not the smart play
Timothee Chalamet, in full desert-gear as described by sci-fi pilferer of Bedouin culture Frank Herbert. He looks a LOT like young Kyle MacLachlan. Which fits. Oscar Isaac, as many have suggested, could be in different and a full beard in … Continue reading
The mother’s angry retort to her college-age daughter is accusing, questioning and pleading all at once. “Do you want to leave?” There’s an ironic “all this” missing in that bark. They’re Bedouin, goat farmers, living in Israel. They re-purpose shipping … Continue reading
The single mom (Lois Wilkinson) has seen enough — accidents, deaths, a baby imperiled, a Jack Russell terrier alarmed at the spooky noises coming out of this “Witchboard” he dug up in the back yard. Something supernatural is happening in … Continue reading
The kids had simple instructions growing up. “Don’t look around, look down at the floor” whenever they had to visit Mom and Dad’s business. “Don’t ask a lot of questions.” If other kids or their parents trot out the “So, … Continue reading