Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 15, 2020
May, direct to streamingLooks better than one might have hoped, but almost certainly not commercial. VOD is not a bad move, all things considered. Sitting on it was not the smart play
Timothee Chalamet, in full desert-gear as described by sci-fi pilferer of Bedouin culture Frank Herbert. He looks a LOT like young Kyle MacLachlan. Which fits. Oscar Isaac, as many have suggested, could be in different and a full beard in … Continue reading
The mother’s angry retort to her college-age daughter is accusing, questioning and pleading all at once. “Do you want to leave?” There’s an ironic “all this” missing in that bark. They’re Bedouin, goat farmers, living in Israel. They re-purpose shipping … Continue reading
The single mom (Lois Wilkinson) has seen enough — accidents, deaths, a baby imperiled, a Jack Russell terrier alarmed at the spooky noises coming out of this “Witchboard” he dug up in the back yard. Something supernatural is happening in … Continue reading
The kids had simple instructions growing up. “Don’t look around, look down at the floor” whenever they had to visit Mom and Dad’s business. “Don’t ask a lot of questions.” If other kids or their parents trot out the “So, … Continue reading