Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 15, 2020
May, direct to streamingLooks better than one might have hoped, but almost certainly not commercial. VOD is not a bad move, all things considered. Sitting on it was not the smart play
Timothee Chalamet, in full desert-gear as described by sci-fi pilferer of Bedouin culture Frank Herbert. He looks a LOT like young Kyle MacLachlan. Which fits. Oscar Isaac, as many have suggested, could be in different and a full beard in … Continue reading
The mother’s angry retort to her college-age daughter is accusing, questioning and pleading all at once. “Do you want to leave?” There’s an ironic “all this” missing in that bark. They’re Bedouin, goat farmers, living in Israel. They re-purpose shipping … Continue reading
The single mom (Lois Wilkinson) has seen enough — accidents, deaths, a baby imperiled, a Jack Russell terrier alarmed at the spooky noises coming out of this “Witchboard” he dug up in the back yard. Something supernatural is happening in … Continue reading
The kids had simple instructions growing up. “Don’t look around, look down at the floor” whenever they had to visit Mom and Dad’s business. “Don’t ask a lot of questions.” If other kids or their parents trot out the “So, … Continue reading