Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 18, 2020
Classic Film Review: Rosalind Chao, Chris Cooper, an East-meets-West Western, “Thousand Pieces of Gold”
Not many people saw “Thousand Pieces of Gold” when it hit theaters in 1991, although more saw it when it aired on the PBS indie cinema series “American Playhouse.” It’s worth remembering and revisiting as an example of the ambition … Continue reading
The rise and fall of a hustler, crook and con-artist always makes for a compelling yarn, and making the tale German doesn’t change that. If anything, a nasty “bait and switch and repeat” real estate shuffle/money laundering drama … Continue reading
Beware those who haunt the seedy motels of America. They’re not just the traditional hunting grounds of the Norman Bates/Aileen Wuornos crowd. That’s where Riz tumbles ashore, a new arrival from India who never plans on going home. She may … Continue reading