Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Ozark legend conjures up a "Lost Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 18, 2020
Classic Film Review: Rosalind Chao, Chris Cooper, an East-meets-West Western, “Thousand Pieces of Gold”
Not many people saw “Thousand Pieces of Gold” when it hit theaters in 1991, although more saw it when it aired on the PBS indie cinema series “American Playhouse.” It’s worth remembering and revisiting as an example of the ambition … Continue reading
The rise and fall of a hustler, crook and con-artist always makes for a compelling yarn, and making the tale German doesn’t change that. If anything, a nasty “bait and switch and repeat” real estate shuffle/money laundering drama … Continue reading
Beware those who haunt the seedy motels of America. They’re not just the traditional hunting grounds of the Norman Bates/Aileen Wuornos crowd. That’s where Riz tumbles ashore, a new arrival from India who never plans on going home. She may … Continue reading