Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 18, 2020
Classic Film Review: Rosalind Chao, Chris Cooper, an East-meets-West Western, “Thousand Pieces of Gold”
Not many people saw “Thousand Pieces of Gold” when it hit theaters in 1991, although more saw it when it aired on the PBS indie cinema series “American Playhouse.” It’s worth remembering and revisiting as an example of the ambition … Continue reading
The rise and fall of a hustler, crook and con-artist always makes for a compelling yarn, and making the tale German doesn’t change that. If anything, a nasty “bait and switch and repeat” real estate shuffle/money laundering drama … Continue reading
Beware those who haunt the seedy motels of America. They’re not just the traditional hunting grounds of the Norman Bates/Aileen Wuornos crowd. That’s where Riz tumbles ashore, a new arrival from India who never plans on going home. She may … Continue reading