Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 18, 2020
Classic Film Review: Rosalind Chao, Chris Cooper, an East-meets-West Western, “Thousand Pieces of Gold”
Not many people saw “Thousand Pieces of Gold” when it hit theaters in 1991, although more saw it when it aired on the PBS indie cinema series “American Playhouse.” It’s worth remembering and revisiting as an example of the ambition … Continue reading
The rise and fall of a hustler, crook and con-artist always makes for a compelling yarn, and making the tale German doesn’t change that. If anything, a nasty “bait and switch and repeat” real estate shuffle/money laundering drama … Continue reading
Beware those who haunt the seedy motels of America. They’re not just the traditional hunting grounds of the Norman Bates/Aileen Wuornos crowd. That’s where Riz tumbles ashore, a new arrival from India who never plans on going home. She may … Continue reading