Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 10, 2020
Lemme guess…they”ll leave out the Roger Miller et al songs. They’re calling it “Live Action.” So.”The Lion King” model it will be. Soulless CGI animation of a minor classic in the Disney canon? Bring it on. https://t.co/0MDpDJ4JoC https://t.co/bCXwvfq0zZ https://twitter.com/Variety_Film/status/1248717527863021569?s=20
How do you make an intentionally cringe-worthy if not remotely funny rom-com even more humorless? By doubling down on its theme, “coincidence” and fate intervening, and basically repeating the whole dull thing as “if things had turned out differently.” Sam … Continue reading
Here’s a jewel, hidden in your Netflix menu and well worth digging out. “Mine 9” is everything you want an indie thriller to be — topical, regional, well-acted and harrowing as all get out. It may be yet another “disaster … Continue reading
I have to admit, when Sam Rockwell shows up in “Trolls World Tour,” trotting out his George W. Bush drawl from “Vice,” crooning through a bar or two of “I Fall to Pieces,” I spat up my sangria. He’s a … Continue reading
“Handia” or “The Giant” is a visually stunning Basque fable about sibling rivalry, show business and the curse of gigantism set in mid-19th century Spain. It’s about two brothers from a tiny village — Altzo– sons of a tenant farmer. … Continue reading