Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 14, 2020
A new Starz series with an arresting setting and a little known cast. “A murder investigation” on the fishing coast.”
“Code 8” is a “mutants” movie in everything but name, cast and backing studio. No “Marvel,” no Hugh Jackman and frenemies. Just a lesser known cast in a very familiar scenario, people with “special powers” resented, discriminated against with lots … Continue reading
“Twin Flower” is a solid if static on-the-road thriller that loses its way when it stops running. It’s a quiet character piece with little dialogue, as writer-director Laura Luchetti (“Hayfever”) throws two mismatched teens together in the half-ruined, half-empty South … Continue reading
In recent years, the UFO community has relished various military and governmental agencies’ confirmation that they’ve been looking into Unidentified Flying Objects and that they’re taking the subject seriously, even releasing some credible and incredible close encounter footage to demonstrate … Continue reading
Jose doesn’t look out of place, hanging in “The Bar,” having a drink and playing cards with the boys. The goatee may make him stand out. And the fact that we never see him smile. Not ever. He’s tight with … Continue reading