Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "The 49th Parallel"(1941) reminds us Nazis aren't "very fine people"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 14, 2020
Preview: Fisheries and fishermen, drugs and murder in “HIGHTOWN
A new Starz series with an arresting setting and a little known cast. “A murder investigation” on the fishing coast.”
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview: Fisheries and fishermen, drugs and murder in “HIGHTOWN
Netflixable? Mutants pull heists in “Code 8”
“Code 8” is a “mutants” movie in everything but name, cast and backing studio. No “Marvel,” no Hugh Jackman and frenemies. Just a lesser known cast in a very familiar scenario, people with “special powers” resented, discriminated against with lots … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? Mutants pull heists in “Code 8”
Movie Review: On the run, on the road in Southern Italy — “Twin Flower”
“Twin Flower” is a solid if static on-the-road thriller that loses its way when it stops running. It’s a quiet character piece with little dialogue, as writer-director Laura Luchetti (“Hayfever”) throws two mismatched teens together in the half-ruined, half-empty South … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: On the run, on the road in Southern Italy — “Twin Flower”
Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. — “Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind”
In recent years, the UFO community has relished various military and governmental agencies’ confirmation that they’ve been looking into Unidentified Flying Objects and that they’re taking the subject seriously, even releasing some credible and incredible close encounter footage to demonstrate … Continue reading
Netflixable? In Spain, beware “The Fury of the Patient Man”
Jose doesn’t look out of place, hanging in “The Bar,” having a drink and playing cards with the boys. The goatee may make him stand out. And the fact that we never see him smile. Not ever. He’s tight with … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? In Spain, beware “The Fury of the Patient Man”