Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 2, 2020
How far will you go into a series, limited or otherwise, before committing to it, heart, soul and investment in time? Because pandemic or not, storytelling in the “Binge TV” era has a couple of common traits that a savvy … Continue reading
A winsome young caregiver, a spooky old house. What might be afoot in this May 22 release?
Ned Kelly is Australia’s Jesse James, a pioneer-era outlaw hero (to some) and icon of Aussie defiance, independence and Old West-style violence. He robbed and murdered his way to infamy, led a revolt against British oppression and wrote, in essence, … Continue reading
Movie Preview: “Peninsula,” the “Train to Busan” sequel — because what Korea and the World need right now is ZOMBIES
His feature film writing and directing debut, “Dean,” didn’t end stand-up comic, TV writer and sometime-actor Demetri Martin’s career. But truth be told, I had to look up who the dude was after watching it. It’s a lifeless, nearly laughless … Continue reading