Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 11, 2020
Georgian Scott Teems, who first gained notice with the Faulkneresque Southern Gothic “That Evening Sun,” gives the genre a Hispano-Southern Gothic updating with “The Quarry,” a dark and blood-stained morality tale set in remote, rural “Reconquista”Texas. The script, … Continue reading
Forget the “Parks & Rec” and “Master of None” credits on “Tigertail” writer-director Alan Yang’s resume. Don’t put too much stock in the more downbeat and thoughtful “Forever,” either. With this short but plays VERY long Netflix drama, he takes … Continue reading
The greatest pleasure in the films of Hirozaku Kore-eda is the way they unfold, or rather unwrap. The films — “Shoplifters” is the most famous in the West, but “Our Little Sister” and “Like Father, Like Son” have also reached … Continue reading