Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Animated Movie Preview: Apple TV+'s "Luck" gives us a Black Cat with Simon Pegg's Scots accent
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 11, 2020
Georgian Scott Teems, who first gained notice with the Faulkneresque Southern Gothic “That Evening Sun,” gives the genre a Hispano-Southern Gothic updating with “The Quarry,” a dark and blood-stained morality tale set in remote, rural “Reconquista”Texas. The script, … Continue reading
Forget the “Parks & Rec” and “Master of None” credits on “Tigertail” writer-director Alan Yang’s resume. Don’t put too much stock in the more downbeat and thoughtful “Forever,” either. With this short but plays VERY long Netflix drama, he takes … Continue reading
The greatest pleasure in the films of Hirozaku Kore-eda is the way they unfold, or rather unwrap. The films — “Shoplifters” is the most famous in the West, but “Our Little Sister” and “Like Father, Like Son” have also reached … Continue reading