Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 11, 2020
Georgian Scott Teems, who first gained notice with the Faulkneresque Southern Gothic “That Evening Sun,” gives the genre a Hispano-Southern Gothic updating with “The Quarry,” a dark and blood-stained morality tale set in remote, rural “Reconquista”Texas. The script, … Continue reading
Forget the “Parks & Rec” and “Master of None” credits on “Tigertail” writer-director Alan Yang’s resume. Don’t put too much stock in the more downbeat and thoughtful “Forever,” either. With this short but plays VERY long Netflix drama, he takes … Continue reading
The greatest pleasure in the films of Hirozaku Kore-eda is the way they unfold, or rather unwrap. The films — “Shoplifters” is the most famous in the West, but “Our Little Sister” and “Like Father, Like Son” have also reached … Continue reading