Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 25, 2020
“The Willoughbys” is a kids’ cartoon conceived in that no-kids-land, the border country between “Yellow Submarine” and, oh, “Hotel Transylvania 3.” There’s whimsy and originality in the design and animation, and a trip to rehab in the screenplay. No, having … Continue reading
How much time do we allow for a vintage “wuxia” picture for “the good stuff” to begin? Asking for a friend. Sure, you cut some slack for the early films in the genre of martial arts period pieces that reached … Continue reading
Hollywood has so pounded the “serial killer thriller” to death that you kind of wish they’d close the door on the subject. But here’s a Polish version that’s as sharp as a cold slap in the face, as grisly as … Continue reading