Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 25, 2020
“The Willoughbys” is a kids’ cartoon conceived in that no-kids-land, the border country between “Yellow Submarine” and, oh, “Hotel Transylvania 3.” There’s whimsy and originality in the design and animation, and a trip to rehab in the screenplay. No, having … Continue reading
How much time do we allow for a vintage “wuxia” picture for “the good stuff” to begin? Asking for a friend. Sure, you cut some slack for the early films in the genre of martial arts period pieces that reached … Continue reading
Hollywood has so pounded the “serial killer thriller” to death that you kind of wish they’d close the door on the subject. But here’s a Polish version that’s as sharp as a cold slap in the face, as grisly as … Continue reading