Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Hot for teacher" is no longer "cute in "Scarborough," or anywhere else
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 25, 2020
“The Willoughbys” is a kids’ cartoon conceived in that no-kids-land, the border country between “Yellow Submarine” and, oh, “Hotel Transylvania 3.” There’s whimsy and originality in the design and animation, and a trip to rehab in the screenplay. No, having … Continue reading
How much time do we allow for a vintage “wuxia” picture for “the good stuff” to begin? Asking for a friend. Sure, you cut some slack for the early films in the genre of martial arts period pieces that reached … Continue reading
Hollywood has so pounded the “serial killer thriller” to death that you kind of wish they’d close the door on the subject. But here’s a Polish version that’s as sharp as a cold slap in the face, as grisly as … Continue reading