Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 6, 2020
Netflix Preview: “Love. Wedding. Repeat.” goes for a little of that “Death at a Funeral” farce magic
Olivia Munn is the big name from this side of the pond in this Britcom/Romcom. But Freida Pinto’s a big deal internationally, and Sam Claflin’s pretty high up in the name rec charts. Writer-director Dean Craig?He did “Death at a … Continue reading
Lionsgate’s got a no-budget/no-name cast cult thriller in the making, here.
The opening image of “Bye Bye Germany” is of a three-legged dog, hopping out of a “Displaced Persons” repatriation camp in Frankfort months after the end of World War II. That’s the perfect metaphor for the story to be told … Continue reading
“Summer’s Night” plays like the bastard child of Richard “Slacker” Linklater and Cameron “Singles” Crowe, lashing out, rebelling against its parents by being charmless, humorless and clueless about its own blindness and inadequacies. I was amazed at how writer Jordan … Continue reading