Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "The Ruthless (Lo Spietato)" takes us inside the Milan Mafia
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 6, 2020
Netflix Preview: “Love. Wedding. Repeat.” goes for a little of that “Death at a Funeral” farce magic
Olivia Munn is the big name from this side of the pond in this Britcom/Romcom. But Freida Pinto’s a big deal internationally, and Sam Claflin’s pretty high up in the name rec charts. Writer-director Dean Craig?He did “Death at a … Continue reading
Lionsgate’s got a no-budget/no-name cast cult thriller in the making, here.
The opening image of “Bye Bye Germany” is of a three-legged dog, hopping out of a “Displaced Persons” repatriation camp in Frankfort months after the end of World War II. That’s the perfect metaphor for the story to be told … Continue reading
“Summer’s Night” plays like the bastard child of Richard “Slacker” Linklater and Cameron “Singles” Crowe, lashing out, rebelling against its parents by being charmless, humorless and clueless about its own blindness and inadequacies. I was amazed at how writer Jordan … Continue reading