Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
- Movie Review: The beautifully-filmed ugly history of "Antebellum"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 6, 2020
Netflix Preview: “Love. Wedding. Repeat.” goes for a little of that “Death at a Funeral” farce magic
Olivia Munn is the big name from this side of the pond in this Britcom/Romcom. But Freida Pinto’s a big deal internationally, and Sam Claflin’s pretty high up in the name rec charts. Writer-director Dean Craig?He did “Death at a … Continue reading
Lionsgate’s got a no-budget/no-name cast cult thriller in the making, here.
The opening image of “Bye Bye Germany” is of a three-legged dog, hopping out of a “Displaced Persons” repatriation camp in Frankfort months after the end of World War II. That’s the perfect metaphor for the story to be told … Continue reading
“Summer’s Night” plays like the bastard child of Richard “Slacker” Linklater and Cameron “Singles” Crowe, lashing out, rebelling against its parents by being charmless, humorless and clueless about its own blindness and inadequacies. I was amazed at how writer Jordan … Continue reading