Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 6, 2020
Netflix Preview: “Love. Wedding. Repeat.” goes for a little of that “Death at a Funeral” farce magic
Olivia Munn is the big name from this side of the pond in this Britcom/Romcom. But Freida Pinto’s a big deal internationally, and Sam Claflin’s pretty high up in the name rec charts. Writer-director Dean Craig?He did “Death at a … Continue reading
Lionsgate’s got a no-budget/no-name cast cult thriller in the making, here.
The opening image of “Bye Bye Germany” is of a three-legged dog, hopping out of a “Displaced Persons” repatriation camp in Frankfort months after the end of World War II. That’s the perfect metaphor for the story to be told … Continue reading
“Summer’s Night” plays like the bastard child of Richard “Slacker” Linklater and Cameron “Singles” Crowe, lashing out, rebelling against its parents by being charmless, humorless and clueless about its own blindness and inadequacies. I was amazed at how writer Jordan … Continue reading