Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? Olga Kurylenko punches above her weight in "Sentinelle"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Eddie & Arsenio get the Band back together -- "Coming 2 America"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Romance'll be fine "Sometime Other Than Now"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 13, 2020
Aliens? In LA? Go figure. May.
A juvenile in jeopardy, impressively dark and gloomy production values and a leading lady who delivers bug-eyed alarm with the best of them give “Dark Light” a fighting chance. It’s a creature feature with a silly but scary … Continue reading
If only every comedy had the surprise twist that the Czech road picture “Winter Flies” saves for its finale. It’s simple, and simple-minded, and it so upends expectations that it leaves you the way every comedy should — tickled. It’s … Continue reading
The portrait of the Hasidic community that’s emerged in films paint it as an insular, secretive and virulently patriarchal cult — a combination of the worst theocratic fundamentalism of the Amish, Islam and Mormonism. Documentaries such as “93 Queen” capture … Continue reading