Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 5, 2020
You kind of forget that Bill Forsyth’s charming “Gregory’s Girl” begins with a bunch of thick-accented Scots mop tops leering through the window at a nurse disrobing in the dressing room at the local hospital. “She’s go’a BRA-zere!” Maybe this … Continue reading
“Indian Horse” is a hockey story serving as an expose of Canada’s infamous Catholic “Residential School” system and the horrors it inflicted on generations of indigenous people there. Based on a popular novel by acclaimed Ojibway fiction writer Richard Wagamese, … Continue reading