Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 5, 2020
Classic Film Review: Revisiting the glories of “Gregory’s Girl” (1980)
You kind of forget that Bill Forsyth’s charming “Gregory’s Girl” begins with a bunch of thick-accented Scots mop tops leering through the window at a nurse disrobing in the dressing room at the local hospital. “She’s go’a BRA-zere!” Maybe this … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Classic Film Review: Revisiting the glories of “Gregory’s Girl” (1980)
Netflixable? A hockey player wears the horrors of his traumatic childhood in “Indian Horse”
“Indian Horse” is a hockey story serving as an expose of Canada’s infamous Catholic “Residential School” system and the horrors it inflicted on generations of indigenous people there. Based on a popular novel by acclaimed Ojibway fiction writer Richard Wagamese, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? A hockey player wears the horrors of his traumatic childhood in “Indian Horse”