Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 19, 2020
On this side of the Atlantic, we expect our comedies to at least pay some lip service to “woke.” Even the cringe-worthy ones. So an “Office” comedy like “Jefe,” from Spain, should best be compared to say the BRITISH version … Continue reading
Cary Grant was 60 years old, grey and most comfortably cast in grumpy curmudgeon roles by the time the 1964 comedy “Father Goose” was tailor-made for him. But watch him nimbly scamper down beaches, over branches and around coconuts, through … Continue reading
Just listen to this one without watching it. The insipid remakes of ’80s pop classics tells you all you need to know. Orion Pictures made this May 8 remake. Alicia Silverstone is the nostalgic mom of a teen. Jessica Rothe, … Continue reading
Oozing with atmosphere and dripping with violence, “Once Upon a Time in London” aims to deliver a 30 year history of the London Mob. Or Mobs. Starting in the Great Depression, with Jewish mobsters brawling in the streets with British … Continue reading