Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 23, 2020
In Hollywood or abroad, there is but one modern immigrant narrative. It’s the horrific story of what someone went through to get “here,” wherever “here” might be. It’s a rite-of-passage story with built-in pathos and a healthy dose of “Put … Continue reading
What lingers in the memory about “Chaplin,” Sir Richard Attenborough’s 1992 Oscar-bait biography of “The Little Tramp,” Charlie Chaplin? The decades haven’t erased the sense that “the longer it goes on, the worse it gets.” Some of the casting is … Continue reading
Here is THE must-see documentary for a world living under quarantine. “Spaceship Earth” is about can-do cooperation, art and science coalescing, about “learning by doing” and recognizing that “small groups of people are the engines of change.” It’s about making … Continue reading
There is no better time capsule for the outlandish, post-Bond action cinema of the ’60s than the camp comic book romp “Danger: Diabolik.” This Franco-Italian heist thriller was “Matt Helm” meets “Batman,” all lavish modernist sets and near-nudity, fake blood, … Continue reading