Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 23, 2020
In Hollywood or abroad, there is but one modern immigrant narrative. It’s the horrific story of what someone went through to get “here,” wherever “here” might be. It’s a rite-of-passage story with built-in pathos and a healthy dose of “Put … Continue reading
What lingers in the memory about “Chaplin,” Sir Richard Attenborough’s 1992 Oscar-bait biography of “The Little Tramp,” Charlie Chaplin? The decades haven’t erased the sense that “the longer it goes on, the worse it gets.” Some of the casting is … Continue reading
Here is THE must-see documentary for a world living under quarantine. “Spaceship Earth” is about can-do cooperation, art and science coalescing, about “learning by doing” and recognizing that “small groups of people are the engines of change.” It’s about making … Continue reading
There is no better time capsule for the outlandish, post-Bond action cinema of the ’60s than the camp comic book romp “Danger: Diabolik.” This Franco-Italian heist thriller was “Matt Helm” meets “Batman,” all lavish modernist sets and near-nudity, fake blood, … Continue reading