Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: Kids obsess over "Class Rank," and campaign to abolish it in this teen rom-com
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 23, 2020
In Hollywood or abroad, there is but one modern immigrant narrative. It’s the horrific story of what someone went through to get “here,” wherever “here” might be. It’s a rite-of-passage story with built-in pathos and a healthy dose of “Put … Continue reading
What lingers in the memory about “Chaplin,” Sir Richard Attenborough’s 1992 Oscar-bait biography of “The Little Tramp,” Charlie Chaplin? The decades haven’t erased the sense that “the longer it goes on, the worse it gets.” Some of the casting is … Continue reading
Here is THE must-see documentary for a world living under quarantine. “Spaceship Earth” is about can-do cooperation, art and science coalescing, about “learning by doing” and recognizing that “small groups of people are the engines of change.” It’s about making … Continue reading
There is no better time capsule for the outlandish, post-Bond action cinema of the ’60s than the camp comic book romp “Danger: Diabolik.” This Franco-Italian heist thriller was “Matt Helm” meets “Batman,” all lavish modernist sets and near-nudity, fake blood, … Continue reading