Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 23, 2020
In Hollywood or abroad, there is but one modern immigrant narrative. It’s the horrific story of what someone went through to get “here,” wherever “here” might be. It’s a rite-of-passage story with built-in pathos and a healthy dose of “Put … Continue reading
What lingers in the memory about “Chaplin,” Sir Richard Attenborough’s 1992 Oscar-bait biography of “The Little Tramp,” Charlie Chaplin? The decades haven’t erased the sense that “the longer it goes on, the worse it gets.” Some of the casting is … Continue reading
Here is THE must-see documentary for a world living under quarantine. “Spaceship Earth” is about can-do cooperation, art and science coalescing, about “learning by doing” and recognizing that “small groups of people are the engines of change.” It’s about making … Continue reading
There is no better time capsule for the outlandish, post-Bond action cinema of the ’60s than the camp comic book romp “Danger: Diabolik.” This Franco-Italian heist thriller was “Matt Helm” meets “Batman,” all lavish modernist sets and near-nudity, fake blood, … Continue reading