Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 16, 2020
There’s an added poignancy, the wince of too-familiar recognition in seeing “I, Daniel Blake” in the midst of a pandemic-caused global depression. This Palme d’Or winner from Cannes a couple of years back is a sort of ultimate UK “kitchen … Continue reading
“FX” and “First Blood,” “Cocoon” and “Silverado.” Loved that guy. A great gruff villain, a grand grandfatherly sort, hale fellows well met and working men, Brian Dennehy played Clarence Darrow and Bobby Knight, acted in Chekhov and for Terrence Malick. … Continue reading
I’d lost track of those filmmaking Carolina siblings, Josh and Jonas Pate, since they transitioned from movies (“Deceiver”) to TV (“Surface”). Born in N.C., they’ve made Charleston, S.C. and environs their stomping grounds. So they may title their latest venture … Continue reading
“A Champion Heart” is a bland, harmless little nothing of a “girl and her horse” tale, predictable family-friendly comfort food with little that’ll impress or surprise anybody over the age of eight. Mandy Grace plays Mandy, a teen who’s moved … Continue reading
Here’s a French road dramedy that points us in one direction, turns in another and finds a little heart and charm, almost in spite of itself, along the way. “Ulysses & Mona” is about a pretty art student, Mona … Continue reading