Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: Kids obsess over "Class Rank," and campaign to abolish it in this teen rom-com
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 16, 2020
There’s an added poignancy, the wince of too-familiar recognition in seeing “I, Daniel Blake” in the midst of a pandemic-caused global depression. This Palme d’Or winner from Cannes a couple of years back is a sort of ultimate UK “kitchen … Continue reading
“FX” and “First Blood,” “Cocoon” and “Silverado.” Loved that guy. A great gruff villain, a grand grandfatherly sort, hale fellows well met and working men, Brian Dennehy played Clarence Darrow and Bobby Knight, acted in Chekhov and for Terrence Malick. … Continue reading
I’d lost track of those filmmaking Carolina siblings, Josh and Jonas Pate, since they transitioned from movies (“Deceiver”) to TV (“Surface”). Born in N.C., they’ve made Charleston, S.C. and environs their stomping grounds. So they may title their latest venture … Continue reading
“A Champion Heart” is a bland, harmless little nothing of a “girl and her horse” tale, predictable family-friendly comfort food with little that’ll impress or surprise anybody over the age of eight. Mandy Grace plays Mandy, a teen who’s moved … Continue reading
Here’s a French road dramedy that points us in one direction, turns in another and finds a little heart and charm, almost in spite of itself, along the way. “Ulysses & Mona” is about a pretty art student, Mona … Continue reading