Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 16, 2020
There’s an added poignancy, the wince of too-familiar recognition in seeing “I, Daniel Blake” in the midst of a pandemic-caused global depression. This Palme d’Or winner from Cannes a couple of years back is a sort of ultimate UK “kitchen … Continue reading
“FX” and “First Blood,” “Cocoon” and “Silverado.” Loved that guy. A great gruff villain, a grand grandfatherly sort, hale fellows well met and working men, Brian Dennehy played Clarence Darrow and Bobby Knight, acted in Chekhov and for Terrence Malick. … Continue reading
I’d lost track of those filmmaking Carolina siblings, Josh and Jonas Pate, since they transitioned from movies (“Deceiver”) to TV (“Surface”). Born in N.C., they’ve made Charleston, S.C. and environs their stomping grounds. So they may title their latest venture … Continue reading
“A Champion Heart” is a bland, harmless little nothing of a “girl and her horse” tale, predictable family-friendly comfort food with little that’ll impress or surprise anybody over the age of eight. Mandy Grace plays Mandy, a teen who’s moved … Continue reading
Here’s a French road dramedy that points us in one direction, turns in another and finds a little heart and charm, almost in spite of itself, along the way. “Ulysses & Mona” is about a pretty art student, Mona … Continue reading