Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 20, 2020
All right, settle down, settle down. Don’t get your Tommy Johns (women’s, or men’s edition) in a titillated twist. The come-on for “Clementine,” which could be “licentious young lesbians libidinously lead us on,” is just that, the old bait-and-switch. It’s … Continue reading
Watching the Spanish thriller “The Legacy of the Bones” is a bit like having a conversation with an elderly relative. Endless exhausting digressions, a phone book full of characters with speaking parts, scenes that merely underline what’s already been established … Continue reading
There’s little doubt who and what inspired Ryan Murphy’s new series “Hollywood” on Netflix. It was the scandalous book and doc and claims of “Scotty and the Secret History of Hollywood.” The series is about what Murphy, of “Glee” and … Continue reading
The human migrant experience has a universality that spans continents and cultures, that connects the poor Guatemalan fleeing violence and the Indian hoping to escape to opportunity. Desperation, exploitation, the pull of assimilation battling the comfort and “safety” of hanging … Continue reading