Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: Kids obsess over "Class Rank," and campaign to abolish it in this teen rom-com
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 24, 2020
“Never Ever (À jamais)” is a brief French drama, with lovely settings and beautiful actors. And it finishes with a fine twist. But I’m not sure I can endorse the dull, internalized grief that comes before that finale. It’s a … Continue reading
When the babysitter stumbles upon a crazed woman devouring the kid she’s supposed to be caring for in the opening moments of “The Wretched,” my first thought was “zombies” and second thought was “vampires.” Silly me. WITCHES. The feminine evil … Continue reading
Stuntman turned director Sam Hargrave keeps the camera close to the action in “Extraction,” tight and right in the middle of the brawls and sprawl of Dhaka, Bangladesh and right in the face of his hero, Chris Hemsworth. … Continue reading
A little “cute” goes a long way in “Vanilla,” a light and winning road picture romance that’s a promising feature film debut from writer-director Will Dennis. That “long way” is New York to New Orleans, where an unlikely pair — … Continue reading
“Good villains make good thrillers,” the Master of Suspense is purported to have said. And if a writer knows what’s good for her — or him — you name that bad guy “Falconetti.” That name has turned up a couple … Continue reading