Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "The Ruthless (Lo Spietato)" takes us inside the Milan Mafia
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 1, 2020
I deft anyone to take a peek at “Kinetta,” the cryptic 2005 debut feature of Greek directing stylist Yorgos Lanthimos and claim they see the Oscar-nominated dazzled of “The Favourite” in a single frame of it. The dark, surreal obscurity … Continue reading
In horror cinema, cults are the gift that keeps on giving. Even in films that skirt the edge of the genre, there’s something deeply unsettling with seeing seemingly sentient people give themselves over to a belief that’s easily disproven, a … Continue reading
Here’s a wee Irish horror tale that fails as drama, fails as horror and doesn’t really work as anti-abortion propaganda, either. You can’t even be certain of which of those was top priority in “The Perished,” a dull, unaffectingly-acted story … Continue reading
In the decade of Mel Gibson’s justifiable Hollywood exile, few moviegoers have seen him outside of his cameos in “Expendables” or “Daddy’s Home” sequels. But he’s been doing his penance, or at least finding a reason to keep hitting the … Continue reading