Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 1, 2020
I deft anyone to take a peek at “Kinetta,” the cryptic 2005 debut feature of Greek directing stylist Yorgos Lanthimos and claim they see the Oscar-nominated dazzled of “The Favourite” in a single frame of it. The dark, surreal obscurity … Continue reading
In horror cinema, cults are the gift that keeps on giving. Even in films that skirt the edge of the genre, there’s something deeply unsettling with seeing seemingly sentient people give themselves over to a belief that’s easily disproven, a … Continue reading
Here’s a wee Irish horror tale that fails as drama, fails as horror and doesn’t really work as anti-abortion propaganda, either. You can’t even be certain of which of those was top priority in “The Perished,” a dull, unaffectingly-acted story … Continue reading
In the decade of Mel Gibson’s justifiable Hollywood exile, few moviegoers have seen him outside of his cameos in “Expendables” or “Daddy’s Home” sequels. But he’s been doing his penance, or at least finding a reason to keep hitting the … Continue reading