Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 1, 2020
I deft anyone to take a peek at “Kinetta,” the cryptic 2005 debut feature of Greek directing stylist Yorgos Lanthimos and claim they see the Oscar-nominated dazzled of “The Favourite” in a single frame of it. The dark, surreal obscurity … Continue reading
In horror cinema, cults are the gift that keeps on giving. Even in films that skirt the edge of the genre, there’s something deeply unsettling with seeing seemingly sentient people give themselves over to a belief that’s easily disproven, a … Continue reading
Here’s a wee Irish horror tale that fails as drama, fails as horror and doesn’t really work as anti-abortion propaganda, either. You can’t even be certain of which of those was top priority in “The Perished,” a dull, unaffectingly-acted story … Continue reading
In the decade of Mel Gibson’s justifiable Hollywood exile, few moviegoers have seen him outside of his cameos in “Expendables” or “Daddy’s Home” sequels. But he’s been doing his penance, or at least finding a reason to keep hitting the … Continue reading