Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Classic Film Review: There is but one "Zorba the Greek (1964)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Ryan Phillippe finds trouble before and after prison as "The Locksmith"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 1, 2020
I deft anyone to take a peek at “Kinetta,” the cryptic 2005 debut feature of Greek directing stylist Yorgos Lanthimos and claim they see the Oscar-nominated dazzled of “The Favourite” in a single frame of it. The dark, surreal obscurity … Continue reading
In horror cinema, cults are the gift that keeps on giving. Even in films that skirt the edge of the genre, there’s something deeply unsettling with seeing seemingly sentient people give themselves over to a belief that’s easily disproven, a … Continue reading
Here’s a wee Irish horror tale that fails as drama, fails as horror and doesn’t really work as anti-abortion propaganda, either. You can’t even be certain of which of those was top priority in “The Perished,” a dull, unaffectingly-acted story … Continue reading
In the decade of Mel Gibson’s justifiable Hollywood exile, few moviegoers have seen him outside of his cameos in “Expendables” or “Daddy’s Home” sequels. But he’s been doing his penance, or at least finding a reason to keep hitting the … Continue reading