Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 28, 2020
Universal may have shown a little too much glee in bragging about how well they did by streaming the middling “Trolls World Tour” thanks to cinemas being closed thanks to COVID19. AMC Theatres has threatened that it will no longer … Continue reading
Scream it into the void, even though no one will hear. Email the board rooms, the film school deans, even though none will reply. “ENOUGH with the zombie movies!” Even if you set your zombie apocalypse on an Indian reservation … Continue reading
“The Reliant” probably played better in 2019, when it came out (VOD) than it does today on Netflix. Why? It’s a trigger-happy faith-based survivalist thriller. A couple of weekends of pot-bellied, camo-wearing AK-47 brandishing rubes with “I need a haircut” … Continue reading
In the Dark Ages, every day must have been a horror movie, every breath a taste of the Apocalypse. Looking back, the only ways to survive the pestilence, lawlessness, hardship and privation had to be myopia — only thinking about … Continue reading