Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 28, 2020
Universal may have shown a little too much glee in bragging about how well they did by streaming the middling “Trolls World Tour” thanks to cinemas being closed thanks to COVID19. AMC Theatres has threatened that it will no longer … Continue reading
Scream it into the void, even though no one will hear. Email the board rooms, the film school deans, even though none will reply. “ENOUGH with the zombie movies!” Even if you set your zombie apocalypse on an Indian reservation … Continue reading
“The Reliant” probably played better in 2019, when it came out (VOD) than it does today on Netflix. Why? It’s a trigger-happy faith-based survivalist thriller. A couple of weekends of pot-bellied, camo-wearing AK-47 brandishing rubes with “I need a haircut” … Continue reading
In the Dark Ages, every day must have been a horror movie, every breath a taste of the Apocalypse. Looking back, the only ways to survive the pestilence, lawlessness, hardship and privation had to be myopia — only thinking about … Continue reading