Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 28, 2020
Universal may have shown a little too much glee in bragging about how well they did by streaming the middling “Trolls World Tour” thanks to cinemas being closed thanks to COVID19. AMC Theatres has threatened that it will no longer … Continue reading
Scream it into the void, even though no one will hear. Email the board rooms, the film school deans, even though none will reply. “ENOUGH with the zombie movies!” Even if you set your zombie apocalypse on an Indian reservation … Continue reading
“The Reliant” probably played better in 2019, when it came out (VOD) than it does today on Netflix. Why? It’s a trigger-happy faith-based survivalist thriller. A couple of weekends of pot-bellied, camo-wearing AK-47 brandishing rubes with “I need a haircut” … Continue reading
In the Dark Ages, every day must have been a horror movie, every breath a taste of the Apocalypse. Looking back, the only ways to survive the pestilence, lawlessness, hardship and privation had to be myopia — only thinking about … Continue reading