Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "The 49th Parallel"(1941) reminds us Nazis aren't "very fine people"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 28, 2020
AMC not playing Universal movies?
Universal may have shown a little too much glee in bragging about how well they did by streaming the middling “Trolls World Tour” thanks to cinemas being closed thanks to COVID19. AMC Theatres has threatened that it will no longer … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on AMC not playing Universal movies?
Movie Review: Zombies on the Rez, “Blood Quantum”
Scream it into the void, even though no one will hear. Email the board rooms, the film school deans, even though none will reply. “ENOUGH with the zombie movies!” Even if you set your zombie apocalypse on an Indian reservation … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Zombies on the Rez, “Blood Quantum”
Netflixable? Survivalism’s last stand hinges on “The Reliant”
“The Reliant” probably played better in 2019, when it came out (VOD) than it does today on Netflix. Why? It’s a trigger-happy faith-based survivalist thriller. A couple of weekends of pot-bellied, camo-wearing AK-47 brandishing rubes with “I need a haircut” … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Sword of God” used to be called “The Mute (Krew Boga)” is Epic, by any title
In the Dark Ages, every day must have been a horror movie, every breath a taste of the Apocalypse. Looking back, the only ways to survive the pestilence, lawlessness, hardship and privation had to be myopia — only thinking about … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Sword of God” used to be called “The Mute (Krew Boga)” is Epic, by any title