Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 14, 2020
“Fantasy Island” is showing in a Florida beach town cinema filled with retirees. It doesn’t matter that they don’t know from “Blumhouse,” and have no idea what they’re in for. This is the way it meant to be seen, not … Continue reading
Silly Germans. Don’t they know only Judd Apatow can get away with a comedy with a two hour run time? And even he only pulls it off every third or fourth movie. “Isi & Ossi” is an old fashioned screwball … Continue reading
The fanatic is unyielding in his beliefs, unbending in his attention to religious edicts and prayer-time. He has heard the word “apostate” and the word “bitch.” And he’s taking matters into his own hands. He is methodical as he wraps … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Will ‘Sonic/Hedgehog’ clear $50 Million? ‘Photograph’ could hit $15, ‘Downhill’ a lot less
Projections are for the video game adaptation “Sonic the Hedgehog” to draw in gamers and parents with small kids to the tune of $50 million this weekend. As we got no data on Thursday night previews, we will not have … Continue reading