Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 14, 2020
“Fantasy Island” is showing in a Florida beach town cinema filled with retirees. It doesn’t matter that they don’t know from “Blumhouse,” and have no idea what they’re in for. This is the way it meant to be seen, not … Continue reading
Silly Germans. Don’t they know only Judd Apatow can get away with a comedy with a two hour run time? And even he only pulls it off every third or fourth movie. “Isi & Ossi” is an old fashioned screwball … Continue reading
The fanatic is unyielding in his beliefs, unbending in his attention to religious edicts and prayer-time. He has heard the word “apostate” and the word “bitch.” And he’s taking matters into his own hands. He is methodical as he wraps … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Will ‘Sonic/Hedgehog’ clear $50 Million? ‘Photograph’ could hit $15, ‘Downhill’ a lot less
Projections are for the video game adaptation “Sonic the Hedgehog” to draw in gamers and parents with small kids to the tune of $50 million this weekend. As we got no data on Thursday night previews, we will not have … Continue reading