Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? On the road in India, with nothing but "Liar's Dice" to rely on
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 14, 2020
“Fantasy Island” is showing in a Florida beach town cinema filled with retirees. It doesn’t matter that they don’t know from “Blumhouse,” and have no idea what they’re in for. This is the way it meant to be seen, not … Continue reading
Silly Germans. Don’t they know only Judd Apatow can get away with a comedy with a two hour run time? And even he only pulls it off every third or fourth movie. “Isi & Ossi” is an old fashioned screwball … Continue reading
The fanatic is unyielding in his beliefs, unbending in his attention to religious edicts and prayer-time. He has heard the word “apostate” and the word “bitch.” And he’s taking matters into his own hands. He is methodical as he wraps … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Will ‘Sonic/Hedgehog’ clear $50 Million? ‘Photograph’ could hit $15, ‘Downhill’ a lot less
Projections are for the video game adaptation “Sonic the Hedgehog” to draw in gamers and parents with small kids to the tune of $50 million this weekend. As we got no data on Thursday night previews, we will not have … Continue reading