Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 17, 2020
Disney no doubt appreciated the “Lion King Remake” ethos behind newly-purchased 20th Century Studios’ (formerly Fox) take on “The Call of the Wild.” It’s a story starring a dog, and for the first time in a century of films of … Continue reading
The Italian mob thriller “The Traitor (Il traditore)” is more time than most of us would ever care to spend in an Italian courtroom. It’s not all adversarial court testimony, bickering mafiosi waving their hands and insulting each other, sometimes … Continue reading
Spike Lee’s next picture is to be a “Vietnam War” drama, but with a twist. It’ll be more of a “Last Full Measure” variety, veterans remembering their service, looking for the remains of a fallen comrade. And in“Da Five Bloods,”they’ll … Continue reading
An Oklahoma pastor took this rarer than rare footage shortly after D.W. Griffith put actors in blackface so that the KKK could chase them away from the South of his youth. Eye opening. This rare footage shows what life was … Continue reading