Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 8, 2020
“The Farewell” tookbest feature and best supporting actress. “Uncut Gems” took best directors for the Safdie Brothers and best actor –Adam Sandler. “Booksmart” won best first feature for Olivia Wilde. Renee Z won best actress for “Judy.” “The Lighthouse” won … Continue reading
I’m a sucker for a good Cold War thriller. A middling one? Yeah, I’ll sit through one of those, too. “The Coldest Game” falls in the latter category, a fictional Cuban Missile Crisis/”Bobby Fischer vs. The World” mash-up that hurls … Continue reading
Had to look it up. Watch and listen for it in the movie when it opens Valentine’s Day. Impress your friends with your Poppy Family knowledge.
Sure, all the “momentum” and most of the pre Oscar predictor awards have gone to Sam Mendes and “1917” as best director and best picture. Well, almost all of them. But as I said last summer, Hollywood loves nothing as … Continue reading
Transgender girl just cannot get and keep a job. Not that she really wants one. Allison Janney and Margot Martindale costar in this bitchy farce.
French Boy Scouts save children. The most famous scout among them? Marcel Marceau. Did you know the most famous mime in history was with the”Resistance” during WWII? Did you realize that I am posting this on National Boy Scout Day? … Continue reading
Ok, maybe that’s not a “Dolittle” level disaster. But when the studio was expecting a $45 million opening weekend and Hollywood box office gurus were saying as high as $60, this weekend “Birds of Prey” are proving to be dead … Continue reading