Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Movie Review: Big names don't quite rescue "Mothers and Daughters"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 8, 2020
“The Farewell” tookbest feature and best supporting actress. “Uncut Gems” took best directors for the Safdie Brothers and best actor –Adam Sandler. “Booksmart” won best first feature for Olivia Wilde. Renee Z won best actress for “Judy.” “The Lighthouse” won … Continue reading
I’m a sucker for a good Cold War thriller. A middling one? Yeah, I’ll sit through one of those, too. “The Coldest Game” falls in the latter category, a fictional Cuban Missile Crisis/”Bobby Fischer vs. The World” mash-up that hurls … Continue reading
Had to look it up. Watch and listen for it in the movie when it opens Valentine’s Day. Impress your friends with your Poppy Family knowledge.
Sure, all the “momentum” and most of the pre Oscar predictor awards have gone to Sam Mendes and “1917” as best director and best picture. Well, almost all of them. But as I said last summer, Hollywood loves nothing as … Continue reading
Transgender girl just cannot get and keep a job. Not that she really wants one. Allison Janney and Margot Martindale costar in this bitchy farce.
French Boy Scouts save children. The most famous scout among them? Marcel Marceau. Did you know the most famous mime in history was with the”Resistance” during WWII? Did you realize that I am posting this on National Boy Scout Day? … Continue reading
Ok, maybe that’s not a “Dolittle” level disaster. But when the studio was expecting a $45 million opening weekend and Hollywood box office gurus were saying as high as $60, this weekend “Birds of Prey” are proving to be dead … Continue reading