Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 22, 2020
“Over the Rainbow” is a mesmerizing, diffuse and scattered movie about odd beliefs, deeply-held convictions and Scientology. It’s kind of a mess as it starts out more about the first two — specifically how people who believe they’ve been … Continue reading
With the investment in time involved, how long do you give a series — broadcast or streaming, limited or open-ended — before deciding it’s not worth your time? Pilot episode? One or two beyond it? On and on because “maybe … Continue reading
A little small town pluck is on display in this feel good “true story” from the UK.
The second weekend of the surprising smash hit video game adaptation is slightly more down to Earth as *Sonic the Hedgehog” is on a $26 million pace, after a $58 million opening. Down over 50%, how far below 50% we … Continue reading