Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 18, 2020
“The Night Clerk” is a murder mystery with a killer premise. A man with Asperger’s witnesses a killing. The movies and TV, which have treated this as a “Malady of the Month” for a few years now, teach us what … Continue reading
This bad boy comes our way Mar. 17 — streaming, VOD.
Did you swoon over Alfonso Cuarón’s “Roma,” his lyrical but meandering two hour and 15 minute recreation of his middle class Mexico City upbringing, as seen mostly through the eyes of his indigenous nanny? The black and white memoir won … Continue reading
It isn’t just funeral homes that get caught ripping off the grieving. Cemeteries do it, too.
“Miss Virginia” is a thinly-scripted, flatly-directed feel-good movie about mothers organizing to do better for their children than Washington, D.C.’s school system. “Inspired by a true story,” it recounts the way a working class Washington mother figures out that the … Continue reading
Winning Oscars, doubling the number of screens to 2000 and voila, you make $6.8 million, climb to 7th place in the weekly charts and clear the $50 million mark. Finally. “Parasite” has now earned over $200 million worldwide. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-parasite-heads-huge-50m-us-oscar-win-1279671
Bikers take over town to rob the bank. Marshal Guy Pearce isn’t having it.
Didn’t Oprah have a hand pumping this pseudo scientific wish fulfillment fantasy nonsense? The book came out during a particularly goofy period in American gullability, back when that con man “psychic” had a syndicated TV show. Katie Holmes and Josh … Continue reading