Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Book Review: Remembering a Bomb and trying to make sense of the guy who made it -- "Cimino: The Deer Hunter, Heaven's Gate and the Price of Vision"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Arranged marriage? Get through that first Pandemic date, which lasts "7 Days"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 18, 2020
“The Night Clerk” is a murder mystery with a killer premise. A man with Asperger’s witnesses a killing. The movies and TV, which have treated this as a “Malady of the Month” for a few years now, teach us what … Continue reading
This bad boy comes our way Mar. 17 — streaming, VOD.
Did you swoon over Alfonso Cuarón’s “Roma,” his lyrical but meandering two hour and 15 minute recreation of his middle class Mexico City upbringing, as seen mostly through the eyes of his indigenous nanny? The black and white memoir won … Continue reading
It isn’t just funeral homes that get caught ripping off the grieving. Cemeteries do it, too.
“Miss Virginia” is a thinly-scripted, flatly-directed feel-good movie about mothers organizing to do better for their children than Washington, D.C.’s school system. “Inspired by a true story,” it recounts the way a working class Washington mother figures out that the … Continue reading
Winning Oscars, doubling the number of screens to 2000 and voila, you make $6.8 million, climb to 7th place in the weekly charts and clear the $50 million mark. Finally. “Parasite” has now earned over $200 million worldwide. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-parasite-heads-huge-50m-us-oscar-win-1279671
Bikers take over town to rob the bank. Marshal Guy Pearce isn’t having it.
Didn’t Oprah have a hand pumping this pseudo scientific wish fulfillment fantasy nonsense? The book came out during a particularly goofy period in American gullability, back when that con man “psychic” had a syndicated TV show. Katie Holmes and Josh … Continue reading