Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 10, 2020
Danish director Lone Scherfig throws half a dozen Manhattan lives together, using infamously callous New Yorkers to try and make a point about “The Kindness of Strangers.” It doesn’t wholly come off, with back stories too thinly developed, pathos and … Continue reading
I have seen “JoJo” and “Little Women” twice. Think I’ll hit a second run house showing “Ford v Ferrari” late today. Win or lose, they are worth seeing on the big screen. The countdown has begun. “Richard Jewell” is about … Continue reading
If you didn’t think “Parasite” was the likely best picture winner, you probably didn’t think Bong Joon Ho was going to win best director. But that was the give away. That old Oscar saying, the one that doesn’t hold true … Continue reading
The costumes, the celebrity appearances, the sea of vendors, the crowd that lets you know you’re in your tribe, and those lines — those endless lines. Fan conventions, nothing like’em, right? They’re famous for the army of fans — and … Continue reading