Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Blumhouse finds the dark side of "Fantasy Island"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Passion and painting a "Portrait of a Lady on Fire"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 10, 2020
Danish director Lone Scherfig throws half a dozen Manhattan lives together, using infamously callous New Yorkers to try and make a point about “The Kindness of Strangers.” It doesn’t wholly come off, with back stories too thinly developed, pathos and … Continue reading
I have seen “JoJo” and “Little Women” twice. Think I’ll hit a second run house showing “Ford v Ferrari” late today. Win or lose, they are worth seeing on the big screen. The countdown has begun. “Richard Jewell” is about … Continue reading
If you didn’t think “Parasite” was the likely best picture winner, you probably didn’t think Bong Joon Ho was going to win best director. But that was the give away. That old Oscar saying, the one that doesn’t hold true … Continue reading
The costumes, the celebrity appearances, the sea of vendors, the crowd that lets you know you’re in your tribe, and those lines — those endless lines. Fan conventions, nothing like’em, right? They’re famous for the army of fans — and … Continue reading