Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 10, 2020
Danish director Lone Scherfig throws half a dozen Manhattan lives together, using infamously callous New Yorkers to try and make a point about “The Kindness of Strangers.” It doesn’t wholly come off, with back stories too thinly developed, pathos and … Continue reading
I have seen “JoJo” and “Little Women” twice. Think I’ll hit a second run house showing “Ford v Ferrari” late today. Win or lose, they are worth seeing on the big screen. The countdown has begun. “Richard Jewell” is about … Continue reading
If you didn’t think “Parasite” was the likely best picture winner, you probably didn’t think Bong Joon Ho was going to win best director. But that was the give away. That old Oscar saying, the one that doesn’t hold true … Continue reading
The costumes, the celebrity appearances, the sea of vendors, the crowd that lets you know you’re in your tribe, and those lines — those endless lines. Fan conventions, nothing like’em, right? They’re famous for the army of fans — and … Continue reading