Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 2, 2020
“Disappearance at Clifton Hill” is an indie murder mystery set in one of North America’s most infamous tourist traps — Niagara Falls. It’s got a winning cast. Tuppence Middleton of “Downton Abbey” and “The Current War” is our troubled heroine. … Continue reading
A $2.8 million opening is a death blow for the Blake Lively “La Femme Nikita” turn, the $50 million and much delayed “The Rhythm Section.” That is below even the most pessimistic predictions forbthe violent, well shot and edited thriller. … Continue reading
The Writers Guild of America tossed another bouquet onto “Parasite” last night. It won best original motion picture in their annual awards fete. Bong Joon Ho may be fluent in English by the time this “acceptance speech season” for him … Continue reading