Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 2, 2020
“Disappearance at Clifton Hill” is an indie murder mystery set in one of North America’s most infamous tourist traps — Niagara Falls. It’s got a winning cast. Tuppence Middleton of “Downton Abbey” and “The Current War” is our troubled heroine. … Continue reading
A $2.8 million opening is a death blow for the Blake Lively “La Femme Nikita” turn, the $50 million and much delayed “The Rhythm Section.” That is below even the most pessimistic predictions forbthe violent, well shot and edited thriller. … Continue reading
The Writers Guild of America tossed another bouquet onto “Parasite” last night. It won best original motion picture in their annual awards fete. Bong Joon Ho may be fluent in English by the time this “acceptance speech season” for him … Continue reading