Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Book Review: Remembering a Bomb and trying to make sense of the guy who made it -- "Cimino: The Deer Hunter, Heaven's Gate and the Price of Vision"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriage? Get through that first Pandemic date, which lasts "7 Days"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 25, 2020
She is not stylish. Quiet, demure, “mousie” we used to say, she is anonymous, invisible — barely noticed and when she is, it’s to slough off some unpleasant bit of personal or busy work. She’s just been on the job … Continue reading
The jokes and impersonations tip the hand of “Addicted to Love.” Cracks about “a modern day John Cusack” and Kate Hudson, “Never Been Kissed” and hearing “Helen Hunt’s voice in your head” (“What Women Want.” A stoned Matthew McConaughy impersonation. … Continue reading
The shaggy dog — Ok shaggy Dude — comedy “The Big Lebowski” produced more memorable characters than most any cult film you can think of. And any of them, played by Jeff or Julianne, John or Jon, was indelibly hilarious … Continue reading
AT’s what I’m talking about! Opens Friday in select cities. Because not everybody’s found The Jesus. yhttps://youtu.be/L4DgvzeM9qE