Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? On the road in India, with nothing but "Liar's Dice" to rely on
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 9, 2020
“Goldie” isn’t easy to like. Not based on first impressions. She’s brash, delusionally confident as she Instagram’s her latest update. “I’m ’bout to BLOW UP! Goldie ready for TAKE OFF!” As embodied by model/actress Slick Woods (“Love Advent”), Goldie is … Continue reading
Here it is, thanks to Sony Animation. Adorable.
BOX OFFICE: “Birds of Prey” open at $100 million…LESS than “Suicide Squad,” “Little Women” clear $100 million
Warner/DC’s lady birds bested “Bad Boys.” But the take, a measly $33 million, was 33-50% below projections. That “Suicide Squad” hangover proves to be a bitch. That one opened at $133 million and comic book film fans haven’t forgotten. For … Continue reading
Pitch a tent, put on a show. Formal, but cabaret loosey goosie. Drinks? A gay men’s chorus, love fests for nominees, surprises, without all the time limits and Gravitas. Aubrey Plaza hosting and covering a Judy Garland hit? There’s more … Continue reading
A little Laura Dern love at the Indie Spirit Awards