Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 9, 2020
“Goldie” isn’t easy to like. Not based on first impressions. She’s brash, delusionally confident as she Instagram’s her latest update. “I’m ’bout to BLOW UP! Goldie ready for TAKE OFF!” As embodied by model/actress Slick Woods (“Love Advent”), Goldie is … Continue reading
Here it is, thanks to Sony Animation. Adorable.
BOX OFFICE: “Birds of Prey” open at $100 million…LESS than “Suicide Squad,” “Little Women” clear $100 million
Warner/DC’s lady birds bested “Bad Boys.” But the take, a measly $33 million, was 33-50% below projections. That “Suicide Squad” hangover proves to be a bitch. That one opened at $133 million and comic book film fans haven’t forgotten. For … Continue reading
Pitch a tent, put on a show. Formal, but cabaret loosey goosie. Drinks? A gay men’s chorus, love fests for nominees, surprises, without all the time limits and Gravitas. Aubrey Plaza hosting and covering a Judy Garland hit? There’s more … Continue reading
A little Laura Dern love at the Indie Spirit Awards