Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Bibb wears bibs in search of "The Lost Husband"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 9, 2020
“Goldie” isn’t easy to like. Not based on first impressions. She’s brash, delusionally confident as she Instagram’s her latest update. “I’m ’bout to BLOW UP! Goldie ready for TAKE OFF!” As embodied by model/actress Slick Woods (“Love Advent”), Goldie is … Continue reading
Here it is, thanks to Sony Animation. Adorable.
BOX OFFICE: “Birds of Prey” open at $100 million…LESS than “Suicide Squad,” “Little Women” clear $100 million
Warner/DC’s lady birds bested “Bad Boys.” But the take, a measly $33 million, was 33-50% below projections. That “Suicide Squad” hangover proves to be a bitch. That one opened at $133 million and comic book film fans haven’t forgotten. For … Continue reading
Pitch a tent, put on a show. Formal, but cabaret loosey goosie. Drinks? A gay men’s chorus, love fests for nominees, surprises, without all the time limits and Gravitas. Aubrey Plaza hosting and covering a Judy Garland hit? There’s more … Continue reading
A little Laura Dern love at the Indie Spirit Awards