Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: When Peter Pan makes a promise, "The Lost Girls" wait for him
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 9, 2020
“Goldie” isn’t easy to like. Not based on first impressions. She’s brash, delusionally confident as she Instagram’s her latest update. “I’m ’bout to BLOW UP! Goldie ready for TAKE OFF!” As embodied by model/actress Slick Woods (“Love Advent”), Goldie is … Continue reading
Here it is, thanks to Sony Animation. Adorable.
BOX OFFICE: “Birds of Prey” open at $100 million…LESS than “Suicide Squad,” “Little Women” clear $100 million
Warner/DC’s lady birds bested “Bad Boys.” But the take, a measly $33 million, was 33-50% below projections. That “Suicide Squad” hangover proves to be a bitch. That one opened at $133 million and comic book film fans haven’t forgotten. For … Continue reading
Pitch a tent, put on a show. Formal, but cabaret loosey goosie. Drinks? A gay men’s chorus, love fests for nominees, surprises, without all the time limits and Gravitas. Aubrey Plaza hosting and covering a Judy Garland hit? There’s more … Continue reading
A little Laura Dern love at the Indie Spirit Awards