Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Movie Review: "Hot for teacher" is no longer "cute in "Scarborough," or anywhere else
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 23, 2020
A little Munchausen by Proxy horror for Mother’s Day?
A24 has quickly developed a “house style.” Disparate filmmakers, differing subject matter, but man — look at a trailer and in a heartbeat you can tell this studio was behind it. Dev Patel is the ruler who must face his … Continue reading
Here’s the tally from Exhibitor Relations. 1. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ($26M) 2. THE CALL OF THE WILD ($24M) 3. BIRDS OF PREY ($7M) 4. BRAHMS: BOY II ($5.9M) 5. BAD BOYS FOR LIFE ($5.8M) “Emma” made staggering money on just … Continue reading
In conspiracy buff terms, the 1960s were the “Rush to Judgment”decade. Major figures in American political life were assassinated, and the FBI, the courts, the Warren Commission and local criminal justice systems seemed awfully anxious to wrap their cases up, … Continue reading