Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 23, 2020
A little Munchausen by Proxy horror for Mother’s Day?
A24 has quickly developed a “house style.” Disparate filmmakers, differing subject matter, but man — look at a trailer and in a heartbeat you can tell this studio was behind it. Dev Patel is the ruler who must face his … Continue reading
Here’s the tally from Exhibitor Relations. 1. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ($26M) 2. THE CALL OF THE WILD ($24M) 3. BIRDS OF PREY ($7M) 4. BRAHMS: BOY II ($5.9M) 5. BAD BOYS FOR LIFE ($5.8M) “Emma” made staggering money on just … Continue reading
In conspiracy buff terms, the 1960s were the “Rush to Judgment”decade. Major figures in American political life were assassinated, and the FBI, the courts, the Warren Commission and local criminal justice systems seemed awfully anxious to wrap their cases up, … Continue reading