Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 23, 2020
A little Munchausen by Proxy horror for Mother’s Day?
A24 has quickly developed a “house style.” Disparate filmmakers, differing subject matter, but man — look at a trailer and in a heartbeat you can tell this studio was behind it. Dev Patel is the ruler who must face his … Continue reading
Here’s the tally from Exhibitor Relations. 1. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ($26M) 2. THE CALL OF THE WILD ($24M) 3. BIRDS OF PREY ($7M) 4. BRAHMS: BOY II ($5.9M) 5. BAD BOYS FOR LIFE ($5.8M) “Emma” made staggering money on just … Continue reading
In conspiracy buff terms, the 1960s were the “Rush to Judgment”decade. Major figures in American political life were assassinated, and the FBI, the courts, the Warren Commission and local criminal justice systems seemed awfully anxious to wrap their cases up, … Continue reading