Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 23, 2020
A little Munchausen by Proxy horror for Mother’s Day?
A24 has quickly developed a “house style.” Disparate filmmakers, differing subject matter, but man — look at a trailer and in a heartbeat you can tell this studio was behind it. Dev Patel is the ruler who must face his … Continue reading
Here’s the tally from Exhibitor Relations. 1. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ($26M) 2. THE CALL OF THE WILD ($24M) 3. BIRDS OF PREY ($7M) 4. BRAHMS: BOY II ($5.9M) 5. BAD BOYS FOR LIFE ($5.8M) “Emma” made staggering money on just … Continue reading
In conspiracy buff terms, the 1960s were the “Rush to Judgment”decade. Major figures in American political life were assassinated, and the FBI, the courts, the Warren Commission and local criminal justice systems seemed awfully anxious to wrap their cases up, … Continue reading