Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Bibb wears bibs in search of "The Lost Husband"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 3, 2020
We figure out “The Silent War” is Western long before the Spanish captain has dismounted and shown off his El Tigre, a Spanish knockoff of that cowboy cannon, a Winchester (’92). It’s obvious when the hero steals the horse and … Continue reading
Tera keeps her black cap pulled down over her eyes and keeps those eyes in a permanent glower. The hat is armor, her posture sullen, defensive. You grow up Chinese and female in South Central Los Angeles, it comes naturally. … Continue reading
I liked the “Groundhog Day” Jeep commercial. And the Boston Hyundai “pahk the cah” ad. But those and this James Bond short spot were the only items from “The Big Game” that I sampled. This adds a little to the … Continue reading