Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Blumhouse finds the dark side of "Fantasy Island"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Passion and painting a "Portrait of a Lady on Fire"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 12, 2020
Desperation has rarely been as quiet as Mirella Pascual plays it in “Whisky,” an understated character study in loneliness that is one of the most celebrated films to ever come out of Uruguay. This 2004 jewel is about … Continue reading
All most screenwriters ever want, the old Hollywood joke goes, is the chance to direct. “All You Ever Wished For” is thus cautionary on multiple levels. Writer-director Barry Morrow scripted “Rain Man” and the teens-build-a-solar-car-for-teacher Halle Berry comedy “Race … Continue reading
Anjelica and Bill, Benecio, Tilda and Willem and Owen and Liev and and Frances M. and Elisabeth and Cecile and Lea and Timothee and Saoirse and Adrian and Jeffrey Wright! And EVERYbody else. Hot. Damn. July 24.
“Downhill” is a reminder that one isn’t required — by cinematic law — to faithfully remake a Scandinavian darker-than-dark comedy about a marriage buried when a husband flees an avalanche that might have killed his wife and family. “Force Majeure” … Continue reading
Issa Rae meets Lakeith Stanfield — two actors on the rise, her personal family history…and sparks. Universal hasn’t been previewing this one, no reviews are up yet. But it looks promising, so maybe they’re saving the surprise. “The Photograph” opens … Continue reading