Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 12, 2020
Desperation has rarely been as quiet as Mirella Pascual plays it in “Whisky,” an understated character study in loneliness that is one of the most celebrated films to ever come out of Uruguay. This 2004 jewel is about … Continue reading
All most screenwriters ever want, the old Hollywood joke goes, is the chance to direct. “All You Ever Wished For” is thus cautionary on multiple levels. Writer-director Barry Morrow scripted “Rain Man” and the teens-build-a-solar-car-for-teacher Halle Berry comedy “Race … Continue reading
Anjelica and Bill, Benecio, Tilda and Willem and Owen and Liev and and Frances M. and Elisabeth and Cecile and Lea and Timothee and Saoirse and Adrian and Jeffrey Wright! And EVERYbody else. Hot. Damn. July 24.
“Downhill” is a reminder that one isn’t required — by cinematic law — to faithfully remake a Scandinavian darker-than-dark comedy about a marriage buried when a husband flees an avalanche that might have killed his wife and family. “Force Majeure” … Continue reading
Issa Rae meets Lakeith Stanfield — two actors on the rise, her personal family history…and sparks. Universal hasn’t been previewing this one, no reviews are up yet. But it looks promising, so maybe they’re saving the surprise. “The Photograph” opens … Continue reading